Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG Wood Pool Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

IG Wood Pool Kit

Has anyone installed, or does anyone own an in-ground wood panel vinyl liner pool? I am considering this option as a DIY project and wanted to get some pros or cons from some people that have experince with this system. Mainly how long has it lasted?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IG Wood Pool Kit

Not much help on the install, but a neighboe is doing one of these right now.....
    I went and looked at it and it is very simple construction.

This guy sales the same kit for the DIY crowd.....

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

My pool which is 31 years old is a vinyl pool with wood framing, a couple of years ago I had a plumbing elbow blow out under the concrete decking and had to jack hammer up a section to repair it. This exposed the back of the wood bracing which appeared to still be very solid after all these years in the ground. On that note I will say that this is in red clay soil, and that the treatment chemicals used for pressure treated wood changed about 10 years ago due to environmental concerns.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    I had a plumbing elbow blow out

Sorry to here about the plumbing failure, but that is assuring news about the woods longevity.
    Thanks for both replies. Im going to run some numbers, if the wood makes budget sense Im going that route.

5. Back To Top    #5

Check this link and the attached scrap book in the thread.... ... 31254.html