Going on Vacation

For vacation, I put the FC at shock level the day we leave. Then I throw a few pucks in the automatic chlorinator (you can use a floater if you don't have one) and make sure the timer is set to turn the pump on and off. Some people throw on their cover or solar blanket but I didn't and came home - 10 days later - to a still clean pool.

Great, we have 3" pucks (left overs before TF test kit)... We have never set our pump on a timer, we always pump 24/7. Do most run their pumps less? Would it be best to put the pump on a timer while we are gone?

Pump run time is different for everyone. It's trial and error to see how long you need to run your pump to keep the pool clear. Some people run 24/7 and some run between 6 and 12 hours - depending on what works for them. I run ours for a total of 8 hours a day; broken up into different blocks. Running it all at once or broken up, is also a matter of preference.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.