How to/Best way to attach Aluminum Coping Seam Covers

Kyle

May 8, 2012
First of all I would like to say thanks to Trouble Free Pool for all the available information. It has really helped with the start up of our new pool.

We will soon be pouring concrete around our pool (decking) and would like to know if anyone has experience with attaching the Coping Seam Covers on aluminum coping? Should they just stay in place while concrete is being poured or should I bond them somehow to the coping? It looks to me like they will fall off if not bonded or held in place somehow.

Thanks,
Kyle

Yeah, I do hope to hear experience from others but at the moment I am considering JB Weld to secure the coping seam covers and, after concrete is poured, a small amount of white silicone sealant to smooth out the edges where the coping cover wraps around the coping.

jmhjgh: You are correct, they do press in place and should be in place before concrete is poured. But, I found it very easy to remove them after pressing in place, that's why I was thinking of ideas to help secure the seam covers to the coping as some added protection while the concrete is being poured. Thanks for your input and any/all information you may have is greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.