Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Redneck Pool Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Redneck Pool Cover

so I had an idea - I have a 16' round AG intex easy set. Has anyone ever thought of dropping a 18' trampoline on top of it as a cover? The whole trampoline, not just the mat. I'm thinking I can just lift the trampoline over the pool and wah-la!! covered! thoughts anyone?? I did a search on trampoline, trampoline as cover, etc. and got nothing. if you know of a link, put it up please.
    Intex 16'x48" easy set, 5000 gal. (AGP) w/ thru wall skimmer
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount Sand Filter S180T / Hayward Pro Series XL 1.5hp Pump
    TFTestKit-100 -- The Pool Calculator -- Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Redneck Pool Cover

You are right, it does have a certain redneck flare to it but I don't see any reason why it should not work. It would be like a lock n loop cover.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Have you ever seen a trampoline take off like a UFO in a bit of wind?? I'd be concerned about keeping it secured down enough, without damaging the inflatable ring. Would the weight of it squish the ring down?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool. It's been that way for a couple years now so it has stood the test of time. Jeff Foxworthy would be proud .
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl
    Have you ever seen a trampoline take off like a UFO in a bit of wind?? I'd be concerned about keeping it secured down enough, without damaging the inflatable ring. Would the weight of it squish the ring down?
    ah - i have the metal frame one, should have clarified. I also have some extra trailer anchors laying around (imagine that) to anchor it to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane1
    There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool.
    shhh... dont tell the wife.....
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount Sand Filter S180T / Hayward Pro Series XL 1.5hp Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Flawed
    Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl
    ah - i have the metal frame one, should have clarified. I also have some extra trailer anchors laying around (imagine that) to anchor it to the ground.

There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool.
    shhh... dont tell the wife.....
    LOL I love a positive attitude. Hey here you can put a pool on your tampoline http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-js-SplashCo ... ccessories

How much does it weight?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    LOL I love a positive attitude. Hey here you can put a pool on your tampoline http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-js-SplashCo ... ccessories

How much does it weight?

sheesh, and I thought I had a bad idea....

8. Back To Top    #8

That's alot of weight on that plastic leg's of the pool...
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by kplaster
    That's alot of weight on that plastic leg's of the pool...

mine?? Mine are metal. I could probably run some thick walled pvc inside em to strengthen em up. The wife and i *really* want a semi secure/tight cover on it. we live in the woods, there's gonna be critters....

10. Back To Top    #10

I just picture the little rednecks deciding to climb on and start bouncing while its on the pool....
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    I just picture the little rednecks deciding to climb on and start bouncing while its on the pool....
    nahhhh they're having too much fun on the pirate ship!! ( I did mention this was redneck Kentucky, didn't I??)
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Back To Top    #12

geez, i really need to paint that black...

13. Back To Top    #13

You must be the favorite Dad in the whole world! Too cool!

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

14. Back To Top    #14

There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool. It's been that way for a couple years now so it has stood the test of time. Jeff Foxworthy would be proud .

LOL this is awesome! I can hear Jeff on stage now was driving through Kentucky and I saw this..."You might be a redneck if..you use your trampoline to cover your pool"

I may have to use this idea...we throw a redneck/white trash party every year where everyone dress up in their favorite style. I let my grass grow without cutting it for weeks we place all our holiday decorations in the front yard....Beer bottle wind chimes, undewear stained with coffee hanging between the house and garage, the works...lol Now I can add the trampoline pool cover...SWEET
    POOL SIZE: 27 FT round 52" Deep on edges 66" Deep in center
    FILTER TYPE: Hayward Sand Filter
    PUMP SIZE: Hayward 1 HP Pump 60GPM
    FILTER SIZE/FLOW RATE: Unknown
    HEATER: None at the moment but in process of making my solar panels should be operational by next season!

15. Back To Top    #15

Oh my word! What a great theme! Gotta try it!

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

16. Back To Top    #16

yeah, we throw a redneck/white trash party too. it's called "monday". bwahahhahahahahaha!!

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Flawed
    yeah, we throw a redneck/white trash party too. it's called "monday". bwahahhahahahahaha!!
    LOL "now that funny right there, I dont care who ya are.."
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall