Coping/ tile repairs

Martha_D

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2012
Putnam, NY
Good morning everyone! I have some areas of my pool where the tiles have come off and the cement behind them has eroded under the coping. I am having estimates done this week on having this fixed. I have a couple of concerns and questions before I get moving on this project... any opinions would be appreciated!

1. Should I have it all re-done or just have the areas that are damaged repaired? I would say the major damage is in about 1/3 of the pool. I can see that eventually there will be more erosion in other areas as well though.

2. I will have to drain the pool to get this work done. I was wondering when it would be best to have it done, spring or fall?

3. Is draining the pool something that I can do on my own, or should I hire someone for it?

Thank you!

I got 3 estimates ranging from 1500-2500 for repairs of the damaged areas. All of the masons recommended repairing over replacing. I suppose that depends on how well it was done to begin with, but they will all repoint the damaged areas. I think I will go with the one who said I wont have to drain the pool completely. 34000 gals. is a lot to pay for!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.