Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Again Daddy Again!

1. Back To Top    #1

Again Daddy Again!

While I wait for the backwash hose to arrive, I extended the 1.5" PVC hardpipe I had so it didn't wash anything out. I had the parts, so figured why not. Anyhoo, at the end I added an elbow and glued it on so it points up at angle, to kinda shower the yard and not wash anything out. After I got done with it yesterday I vacuumed the pool, then went to backwash. I didn't know my daughters were investigating this new pipe. They though the shower was a lot of fun, but I had to explain that it wasn't very clean water, plus if I did that again, then the pool wouldn't have enough water.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Again Daddy Again!

I kind of like that idea but the water coming out of my backwash hose is pretty bad and I add DE to my filter as well.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, they got showered because I didn't know they were there, else I would have told them to move. This will not be a regular thing. The grass doesn't seem to mind. It has been above 95 for highs for the last 2 weeks, no rain in the last 3 and the grass that got showered yesterday is already greened back up.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

4. Back To Top    #4

I use the cellulose stuff since getting a new DE filter, so I don't have to worry about DE nastiness. My boys love to hold the hose like a fireman and water the grass.
    21,000 Gallon IG Plaster with Spillover Spa (Built in 1978) | 48 sq/ft Hayward DE Filter | 3.0 HP Pentair Variable Speed Pump | Hayward H250FDN Heater| 8 Gallon Liquidator | Taylor K-2005 | Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Test | Taylor "SpeedStir"

5. Back To Top    #5

The actual backwash hose came a couple days ago. I haven't used it yet, but that is a good idea to get the kids involved.

6. Back To Top    #6

Too funny...
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100