LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
A friend of mine is looking into getting his own AG pool for his family..any good quality recommendations out there for him? Don't need to buy a cadilac but neither a pinto..just something reasonable a d reliably...any thoughts or links to already posted threads is Much appreciated :)

I wish I would have gone for an expandable liner ;)

And a pad, it's not too bad but i'm noticing lumps that I didn't notice before. Maybe some sand is shifting and I'm feeling roots. There are very few wrinkles, but a few spots that probably wouldn't be as bad or even exist at all with padding.

Wilbar is another maker and they have several brands at different prices and styles. Sharkline and Aqualeader are two of their brands. I have had an Aqualeader (AL) for 7+ years, all above ground (meaning not buried any) and I have not had any problems. My pool has resin bottom rails, top rails and risers and caps. I did have a small amount of rust near the skimmer. I removed it and painted it when I changed my liner. A liner would normally last 15+ years but mine was chemically damaged by a puck on the floor. I no longer use pucks so this is not an issue anymore.

If you are getting a deep end, My understanding is most of the the exandable liners are by Doughboy (DB) even if you you have a pool by another manufacturer. That's the impression I got from my local pool store but they mainly sell DB and AL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.