Day four, how am I doing?

AZLynn

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Tucson, AZ
After some false starts (straps over a couple of top beams were slightly twisted and a pinhole leak), I finally got the pool filled late on July 1st. I am using Triclor tabs in a floater and in the skimmer, but that's all I've done so far.

My current levels based on the Walmart HTH 6-way test kit are in my signature. I know I need a better kit (a better ladder too), but it's what I have right now.

The filter pump is the one that came standard with the pool and has a timer on it. I think I read 1500 gals/hour somewhere. The pool gallons are listed as 5061 for 90% capacity. I think ~5000 is probably a close enough estimate.

The pool calculator confuses me, but I think I need to add some Borax to raise the pH and just keep the triclor going to raise the CYA. I think CYA is probably around 20 or maybe even lower because at 30 the black dot was still visibile, but fading.

So what do you think? Am I on ther right track? I've had other pools over the years, but this is the largest and I don't want to spend more time cleaning and maintaining than swimming.

On a related note, can you buy just the CYA reagent by itself? The kit only came with two tests and I've used one already. I apologize if this is on the forum somewhere already. I'm still reading everything.

TIA!

Lynn
Tucson, AZ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.