Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Speed Stir

1. Back To Top    #1

Speed Stir

Having problems with my speed stir. The little white mixer that spins, doesn't always spin. Most of the time it just sits at the bottom kind of bounces around. I have put new batteries in and it does the same thing. Anyone else having this problem or know a solution?
    10,000gallon, IG Pebble Tec, Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3hp Variable Speed Pump
    Hayward Cart Filter C4025, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, 1 vac line, 1 skimmer, 2 Main Drain, 3 returns, 2" plumbing
    TF100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Speed Stir

I had this problem when using nimh rechargeable batts. Didn't seem to like 1.2 volt cells. When I switched to reg 1.5 volt cells it was fine.

3. Back To Top    #3

Try a new stirbar.

4. Back To Top    #4

Test the stir bar to see if it's a magnet. If it isn't, that's your problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

It is the one that came with it. Sometimes it does spin but more often than not it just bounces around. May have to just order another one.
    10,000gallon, IG Pebble Tec, Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3hp Variable Speed Pump
    Hayward Cart Filter C4025, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, 1 vac line, 1 skimmer, 2 Main Drain, 3 returns, 2" plumbing
    TF100 Test Kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

I got one that wasn't a magnet when I bought mine and it did the same thing. Taylor sent me a new stir bar.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Found out the batteries are not the best.Put a set of Lithium's in it.No more prob..Had reg batteries in it.Would do the same thing.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit