Intex CS8111 SWG stops making chlorine towards end of cycle

jlbtjb

Jun 18, 2012
We have had our new Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" pool up for about 3 weeks, and so far all of our water tests have been good and the water is clear. We have been running the saltwater chlorinator for about 4 hours each day, and I have noticed that towards the end of each chlorination cycle (maybe for about the last half hour) that the chlorinator does not seem to be producing any more chlorine (i.e. can't see any bubbles being formed in the clear tube). It doesn't seem to matter what amount of time we set the chlorinator to run (2, 4 8 hours) it always seems to stop producing chlorine towards the end of the cycle. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with the SWG? Our salt level is about 3200 ppm, and we consistently get a FC reading of about 2 ppm. Has anyone else observed this with their Intex Krystal Clear SWG?

Re: Intex CS8111 SWG stops making chlorine towards end of cy

Mine appears to no longer be producing chlorine about the last 30 mins of the cycle either. Been that way from day one so I wouldn't stress over it. It's probably designed that way as stated above.

Re: Intex CS8111 SWG stops making chlorine towards end of cy

Thanks so much for your responses. I am glad that this behavior appears to be normal and is nothing to be concerned about. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.