CC Question, VERY HOT Weather TEMPS HERE!

We have been in over the 100's for a few days and it looks to be hear for at least the remainder of the week. Pretty much Full sun all day.

I am now having to test my FC - 3 times a day (morning, afternoon, and night) Because of evaporation, MY CYA fell, and I am now adding more. I am only losing 1ppm FC over night, But come 2 in the afternoon, I am at 2.5 FC. ( I know this will get better after the CYA takes effect) I have my goal at 5.5 since it has been hot and sunny.

My CC question is I just checked it and it read .5 (Turned very light pink, and only took one drop to go clear.)

Should I remain on the course I am doing, or bring my FC levels up? I can not put my cover on, as I want a cool pool, not a spa, lol.

TBH its so hot and miserable out there we are only swimming at dusk :cry:

CYA does not drop due to evaporation.

Sounds like you need to target a higher level for FC if it is dropping to low.

Post up a full set of test results.

typical pools lose about 2-4ppm of FC everyday.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Confused, as If I am having to add water too my pool, therefore, I am loosing water. Unless, I am wrong the only way to lose CYA is to lose water in your pool? Adding water due to the kids splashing it all out, lol. I misspoke about the evaporation. Its the heat making me CRAZY :hammer:

This Am I was at
FC-4.5
PH- 7.5
CYA- 25
(i dont check my CYA, unless I notice a drop in FC, as I just did)

Added CYA to get to 50 according to pool calculator, along with bleach to get to 5.5 That was about 9 this morning.

Tested again at 2
FC was 2.5 (added bleach)
Can't test CYA just yet, as that take time to register.
Tested CC was .5
We are in a drought, no such luck for some free rain waters... :(

Your CYA will only go down by actively removing water (splashout, filter clean, etc) not by evaporation.

More important than the "target" FC is the MINIMUM FC level for you CYA level.

CYA of 25ppm, the minimum is 2 ppm FC now that you have added CYA to reach 50ppm, your minimum is 4ppm FC.
You have to add enough FC such that it will not drop below that number before the next time you test and add.

I am really unclear about what your actual problem is. If the CC clears with 1 drop ... then you can ignore it. IF the CC climbed up to 1ppm or higher, then there would be reason to be concerned.

Likely you were loosing more FC to the sun than anything else since your CYA was so low.

I agree, I am a newb, and completely forgot that every time I was filling my pool from the kids, I was losing CYA. (which was everyday this week, and some last weekend) and with this Heat and sun, it just all caught up to me.

So getting my CYA back to 50,
with a FC target at 4, but to be honest when I know its going to be hot and sunny, with the kids in the pool all day I do add a bit more bleach in the morning. Nothing to major tho.

Until then I will just keep making sure I maintain a good FC level by checking it more often. Yes spending a bit more on bleach, but better than getting cruddy waters.

No.
Your MINIMUM is 4ppm. You should target about 8ppm to make sure our never drops below 4ppm.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.