Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Complete after 8 months!

1. Back To Top    #1

Complete after 8 months!

If someone says "go ahead and do it all yourself".. run. This entire project was grass last September, but now is about done except for finishing touches and garden growing. I had a brotherinlaw who would show up here and there and say, "Good. Your next step is to...". But I learned how to run an excavator and stamp concrete and ... and... There are a number of things I would do differently now, but I am happy with the overall result.

A few things of note from the build: I put in umbrella sleeves with caps here and there around the deck. I put solar in the concrete. I ran gas lines for tiki torches around parameter gardens - I wish I could find these for cheaper that look this nice! The armor stone was huge and over the weight limit of my forklift which made it fun.

I still have to put in some more river rock along the sides, more planting, build a bench/box to cover the plumbing, install my gas tiki torches, outdoor kitchen or bar, cleanup the yard and a few other odds and ends. BUT the kids are swimming which is what counts!

And thanks everyone in this forum! I have learned so much already and on my way to running BBB!
    Cheers!
    Josh S
    ----------------------------
    20.8k gal vinyl kidney; 600sqft surf area, Hayward 1HP Super; 300Lb Sand Filter; Aqua-Rite/T-9; RainbowRay LEDs, Jandy Deck Jets; and a whole 'lotta sweat n time...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Complete after 8 months!

Now...........if you can just figure out how to get that building out of the pool.............................
    Great job!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

You are telling me! I plan on building a big bench to hide all the plumbing across most of the wall, and putting a back rest, and putting a higher up piece with pegs for towels, and painting the door... but I don't really have a choice about what's left. I should just always take photos from the other direction!
    Josh S
    ----------------------------
    20.8k gal vinyl kidney; 600sqft surf area, Hayward 1HP Super; 300Lb Sand Filter; Aqua-Rite/T-9; RainbowRay LEDs, Jandy Deck Jets; and a whole 'lotta sweat n time...

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow, that is totally awesome!

It may have been a long time coming and lots of work, but I think you have something there that will give you lots and lots of enjoyment, very nicely done.

I hope ours ends up half that nice.

Cheers
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".