Not sure if this is the right category to post in, please move if not. I'm switching away from trichlor pucks to liquid chlorine (at least most of the time is my plan, when I'm not out of town). I understand that the smell of chlorine, the burning eyes, etc. are supposed to be lessened by doing this method. Late last season, I saw an increase in those problems, probably due to high CYA levels and not adding enough liquid to keep FC high enough. I know the smell is from combined chlorine or chloramines, I get that. Now the question, though - does this also mean that any health issues related to chlorine are lessened or eliminated? I mean, there is still chlorine in the pool, after all. We're still swimming in chlorine! Probably no one can argue that chlorine is health per se, right? Specifically, we have always tried to follow common sense measures when swimming, such as rinsing off when done for a while, or not soaking too long in the pool. Does BBB mean I can forget about that if I'm doing it right? Just as safe as soaking in tap water? I would appreciate if you could elaborate or point me to some further reading. I tried to explain to my wife today that BBB is healthier, but the noticed that I can't really state that with confidence and definitely can't explain why. Thank you.