Thru-wall Skimmer Question

Jun 9, 2012
Ok, so what is the consensus on having the pool filled or not when installing a thru the wall skimmer? My pool is completely full and I've seen posts that say the water will put too much strain on the liner when I make the cut and I've also read that having water in the pool takes the slack out of the liner and is a good thing. So which one is it?

i just put a skimmer in mine yesterday with my pool full and no problems i did not lose a pint of water and it is better to have the pool full because the liner is stretched. when you install it make sure it is level and start at the top corners and then the bottom corners and then the rest of the screws, once everything is tight and no water leaks from around the screws make all connections of the hoses and then CAREFULLY cut out the center of the skimmer and remember a gasket on the inside and one on the outside...Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.