Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Instant Chlorine?

1. Back To Top    #1

Instant Chlorine?

Has anyone heard of or tried this product?
    http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemicals ... -Chlorine/

I don't have anything to do with this company. I received a flyer and was just courious. Thanks
    Pool size- 24 ft Round. 13500 gal Above Ground. Filter- Sand 25 GPM, Pump- 1.5 HP/ 70 GPM.
    K2006 FAS-DPD Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Instant Chlorine?

I don't see the MSDS, but since the directions say it is granuals (& broadcast & brush, etc), my guess is that it is dichlor or possibly trichlor -just repackaged and renamed.

Someone will find the MSDS for us.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I did a search on it and could not find out the exact ingredients but it appears to be a weakened chlorinating product in a powdered form. It may or may not be a trichlor/dichlor product, but it cannot be used to shock a pool since it does not apparently have enough sanitizing properties to do that - only to lightly maintain an already balanced pool. The reviews found at other sites pretty uniformly state that it will maintain an already balanced pool if it is added continuously but could not rectify an algae bloom or drifting FC issues. The product name is owned by Cortz, Inc., which owns In the Swim. I could find no MSDS on the product.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    I don't see the MSDS, but since the directions say it is granuals (& broadcast & brush, etc), my guess is that it is dichlor or possibly trichlor -just repackaged and renamed.

Someone will find the MSDS for us.
    I'm not having any luck finding an MSDS. They're rather secretive.

It's going to be either Dichlor or Cal-hypo.

EDIT: Cal-hypo http://i.poolproducts.com/pdf/Y7700-manual.pdf
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I just called them...........they are emailing me a MSDS on it. Will post it up shortly hopefully!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

There ya' go......................
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

They have a fairly wide range on the cal-hypo percentage, 60% to 80%.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Would this be worth the effort for a friend to use while we're gone on vacation for a week? Beats them having to handle liquid bleach. My calcium level is only 50 or 60ish. Or is regular cal-hypo cheaper/better? I've never priced/used it.

9. Back To Top    #9

Regular cal-hypo is cheaper. Easier is debatable, they are both very easy. Given your CH level is that low, adding a little calcium is just fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School