how do you like that Ecotec VS motor?

Plankton

Apr 13, 2008
Split from 1st-time-pool-owner-worked-fine-and-then-a-tree-fell-in-it-t48603.html Butterfly

A little off topic, how do you like that Ecotec VS motor? I am looking to replace my motor and was going to go with the Pentair, until this one popped up on on of the sites I was looking at and really caught my eye. The price seems right as does the plug and play right into my old pump setup, I was just looking for reviews before I put down that kind of money. TIA

The ECOTECH EZ is new and there hasn't really been any feedback about it yet. They do not appear to use a permanent magnet motor, so they are not going to be quite as efficient as the IntelliFlo, but otherwise they look reasonably good based on their literature.

Thanks Jason, wasn't sure about that permanent magnet motor part, though I saw something on it, but then I got directed away and forgot about it. I was just looking for ease of installation, because to replace my setup now is going to be a major undertaking, just because of the way it was originally set up. But any better efficiency should be better than what I have now, I'll continue researching, Actually just looked it up again, it does have a permanent magnet motor. Thanks Again

Motorman,
I elected not to purchase one, simply because there was a recall on them and I couldn't find any info as to whether all the pumps had be recalled, repaired or anything. I also couldn't find an updated part number stating if the recalled fix had been done on the newer ones.I didn't feel comfortable ordering one and not knowing if I was getting one from someone's stock that they couldn't get rid of or what. I am currently saving up for an Intelliflo VS pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.