Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: USA made pool equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

USA made pool equipment

While installing our EasyTouch automation panel the other day, I noted the inside emblazoned with "Made in Suzhou, China." As we near the 4th of July, I'm just curious as to what pool equipment and supplies are still made in the US? I'm not making any sort of political or social statement, just curious.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: USA made pool equipment

Probably none lol Unless you wanna pay $800 for a super pump

On the bright side Google's nexus Q is made in the USA

http://www.google.com/nexus/#/q/features

but it doesn't really seem like it was done for the right reasons...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/press-h ... 78505.html
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like the liquidator is: liquidator-install-21-pictures-t48896.html
    16'x32' -> 3' shallow, 8' deep ~22,000 gallon igp - Vinyl Liner.
    Sand Filter: Jacuzzi 225l-7 Sand Filter - 250lbs
    Pump: Hayward Max-Flo XL 1hp
    SWG: CircuPool RJ+ 60
    Water Source: Home Tap water (TA:230, CH:220)

4. Back To Top    #4

AutoPilot products are made in the USA.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Interesting story about the Google Nexus Q. It sounds like an interesting product and could be very cool for outdoor audio!

I didn't realize that the Liquidator and the AutoPilot products were made in the USA. Well, my chlorination is now handled by an Intellichlor IC60. Perhaps when the IC60 eventually poops out, I'll have a look. Or it could be that Pentair may "reshore" production back to the US, as described in the article.

I think I also saw some video on Youtube about Hayward still producing a bunch of its stuff in Pomona, CA. It wasn't just assembly, as they were showing vacuum forming of plastics, etc. Pentair has a big production plant in Moorpark, CA so I was surprised to see that much of their new product is marked with Made in China stamps. Perhaps it is only assembled in the US. Likely all of the major providers source their PCBs and electronic parts from China.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

6. Back To Top    #6

We can add Skimlite, makers of high quality pool poles, skimmers and rakes. Looks like very high quality stuff and not too much more expensive than the cheapo stuff at the big box stores.