USA made pool equipment

CraigMW

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2011
Orange County, CA
While installing our EasyTouch automation panel the other day, I noted the inside emblazoned with "Made in Suzhou, China." As we near the 4th of July, I'm just curious as to what pool equipment and supplies are still made in the US? I'm not making any sort of political or social statement, just curious.

Interesting story about the Google Nexus Q. It sounds like an interesting product and could be very cool for outdoor audio!

I didn't realize that the Liquidator and the AutoPilot products were made in the USA. Well, my chlorination is now handled by an Intellichlor IC60. Perhaps when the IC60 eventually poops out, I'll have a look. Or it could be that Pentair may "reshore" production back to the US, as described in the article.

I think I also saw some video on Youtube about Hayward still producing a bunch of its stuff in Pomona, CA. It wasn't just assembly, as they were showing vacuum forming of plastics, etc. Pentair has a big production plant in Moorpark, CA so I was surprised to see that much of their new product is marked with Made in China stamps. Perhaps it is only assembled in the US. Likely all of the major providers source their PCBs and electronic parts from China.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.