Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easiest way to remove rust from pool water? Murky & Orange!

1. Back To Top    #1

Swisher Iowa

Easiest way to remove rust from pool water? Murky & Orange!

Have a 14ft temp pool. Filled with hard well water. Have done shock and clarifyer already. Still murky and orange. Only 42" deep and I can't see the bottom rung of the little ladder. Please Help!
    22x52 pro series steel frame new 2013 /10.5k / Intex Sand filter (new) 3000gph /1hp /well water/ tf100 kit w BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Easiest way to remove rust from pool water? Murky & Ora

If it is murky, you need to continue the shocking process. Remember it is a process not a one time event. The process is not done until you pass all three criteria (also in my sig).

As for the metals, once the water is no longer murky, if the water is clear but tinted then you have a couple of options. One would be to continue to filter filter filter, some people have used paper towels in their skimmer to pre filter our some of the metal. The other is to get a sequestrant into the pool. This link has some recommendations on sequestrants:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.