Fixing leak with putty not lasting long

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
Almost immediately after construction my pool developed a leak. Pool builder bailed on me but I had someone come out and they found the leak around the edge of the drain where the plaster meets the plastic - there was a small gap. He fixed it using the 2 part epoxy. That lasted about 9 months and then it began leaking again. I went down, cleaned out the old epoxy and added new epoxy. That lasted about a year, and then I repeated the process. That was about 12-15 months ago, and now it is leaking again. Probably, it leaks from the start and just gets worse and worse until I notice.

Anyway, is there something I'm missing? Is it normal for the epoxy to fail so quickly?

Thanks

http://store.leaktools.com/mm5/merchant ... y_Code=EAS

I've used plast-aid with sucess to seal a maindrain. Plast-aid works underwater and bonds VERY well to most plastics. Also since it starts off as a liquid and turns into a putty before hardening you can probably get the plastaid deep into the crack by using a syringe to inject it deep inside. I have not used that mr. sticky's but that comes in a syringe on it's own and may be useful for you as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.