Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG and spa

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG and spa

When I have the spa isolated so that the only water being filtered is the spa (vs the pool also), should the SWG be turned off? Is it safe to be in the spa with the SWG running?
    24,000 gallon in-ground plaster, Pentair FNSP60 60 sq. ft. DE filter @ 9,000 GPH, 2HP WhisperFlo pump, CircuPool RJ45 SWG, 399k BTU Raypak heater, built 2008. Taylor K2006C kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG and spa

I should be safe for a short period of time, but the SWG may over-chlorinate that small volume quit quickly. The best way to know is to do a non-soaking test run and test FC at the beginning and then test every few minutes till you would have gotten out to see how high the FC levels are. If below the shock level for you cya concentration, then it should be fine in terms of safety.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SWG and spa

Great idea! Thanks!
    24,000 gallon in-ground plaster, Pentair FNSP60 60 sq. ft. DE filter @ 9,000 GPH, 2HP WhisperFlo pump, CircuPool RJ45 SWG, 399k BTU Raypak heater, built 2008. Taylor K2006C kit.