Existing Deck and New Pool

May 1, 2012
Mid-Missouri
My son-in-law has volunteered to add to our existing deck (approximately 8 feet by 8 feet at present time) so that we have more room for the kids, pool toys, etc. Brother already has most of the lumber needed (new from a local lumber business that went out of business and had auction) so won't be much cost involved to me.

At the present time we have a 15 x 30 foot pool 48 inches deep. This pool is old and at some point I wouldn't mind upgrading to a new pool same size. If the deck was already built is it doable to install a new pool using the existing deck without having to tear it down? I don't have the money to install new pool at the present time so that isn't an option. Any ideas or thoughts?

Is the deck over the pool edge?

I would think you would have to replace the pool with a like size/height ... and the install would likely be a little more of a hassle. You could probably go a little deeper with the pool by digging down (assuming the pool allowed partial burial).

A few pictures might allow better advice/thoughts.

It really depends on the pool, but there almost certainly will have to be some modification...the question is how much. Different models and manufacturers vary quite a bit on true diameter, top ledge width, etc. Of course if you can get the same exact pool (which is unlikely) then you would just need to be careful how you set it to match the old position...though that is easier said then done.

Thanks for the reply. It gives food for thought. I will probably go ahead have him build the deck since he has offered and materials for the most part are here. I am going to probably start a new thread about our pool and will try to pics to that thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.