So I am still trying to get things running smoothly on the new pool - I cannot wait for the TF-100! (as I can't do a number of tests now)
I did a test of my water myself with the kit on hand, and also took a sample to 2 different pool stores who give a fancy printout of results. The results varied widely! As follows... This is new pool water from city water tower.
Me: (my wee kit until TF-100 gets here)
TC - 1.0
pH - 7.2
T/A - 190
Salt - 3200 (on SWG display)
FC - 2.0
TC - 2.0
pH - 7.8
TA - 200
CYA - 50
Solids - 200
Salt - 3100
FC - 0.8
TC - 1.0
pH - 7.7
CYA - 30
Cal Hardness - 277
Salt - 2700
The results were... VERY different!
Store #1 said: (for $75 they advise...)
- add 2gal/3pt/15oz of Muriatic Acid, to drop T/A but keep an eye on pH during this.
- add a bottle of scale inhibitor
- add a bottle of algicide
- said FC good, salt good, cya good
Store #2 said: (for $250 they advise...)
- add 1/3 gal of Muriatic Acid daily for 10 days, if T/A falls < 7.2, wait for rise, then continue
- add 5 lbs stabilizer 100 or sunshield
- add 3 bags of Burn Out 35 (clear shock) then don't swim until it returns to 1-3ppm
- add 0.5 gal of scale inhibitor
- add 88lbs salt
- add 0.25 gal of algae inhibitor (polygard)
- AND want me to add 4lbs Mineral Springs Renewal weekly, 2/3 gal Mineral Springs Stain and Scale monthly, 2 bags BioGuard Lite weekly, 12oz of Polygard algae inhibitor weekly, 4oz of Natural Clarifier weekly
My personal opinion is that store #2 is trying to sell a lot! I decided to add a some stabilizer, some M acid. Then retest in a day or two.
Any thoughts or suggestions!!?!
How can stores that are supposed to be experts give such contrary advice? (I suppose that is why I am here learning now)