I was referred here to someone who uses the BBB method and sent me here to learn!
I finally gave in to the kids last night and purchased a AG pool from Toys R' Us (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11195811) and bought all those chemicals for it.
HTH® Super Concentrated Clarifier
HTH® Chlorinating Granules
HTH® Super Shock 'N Swim
HTH® Algae Guard™
Got home, put the pool together, filled it up, added the chemicals one at a time (with about 30 minutes in between each) then waited about an hour, did a water test and noticed everything was a little bit elevated, took a swim with the wife and everything was fine, no super strong chlorine smell or anything, but now the next morning I smell like chlorine. I am going to take the cover off to let the sun hit it some and also do a test when I go home for lunch (which i'll post the results).
I took the cover off. Did a quick test... everything is high.
The pH is 8.2, which 6.6 oz of muriatic acid should bring that down per the calculator.
The CL is 6.8 which was orange... I don't think it should be that way? Correct?
Here are my questions for now.
1) Can I use what I have now and convert to BBB?
2) Do reduce the chlorine I just let it sit in the sun? Or I could drain some water out to dilute it some?
3) I purchased the HTH® 3-Way Test Kit, I need to upgrade to a better test kit correct?
4) How often should I keep the skimmer on?
5) How often should I keep it covered?