Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex SWG

This may be a dumb question but does the amount of salt in the water determine the amount of chlorine produced? The reason I ask is because there aren't any % adjustments on my unit, it's either on or off so I go just by run time. My fc is 6 at this time but the salt level going by the test stripes is about 2600 so I am thinking about adding salt to get it to 3000-3200 but the swg isn't showing low salt. Do I need to worry at this time?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex SWG

Not really. It will effect if it is too low or too high. If its working no need to mess with it. You may be at the low end of the unit functioning, but it is working. The strips have an accuracy rate I think of about plus minus 300.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown
    The strips have an accuracy rate I think of about plus minus 300.
    +/- 400 ppm

I run my intex at about 3400 ppm salt and have had great success. No need to change yours now, but if it drops much more, then I would dose up to 3400.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

I will keep an eye on it and adjust if it drops anymore,thanks.
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.