Pool Cover replacement - newer technology for these?

cody21

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The previous owners have 1 of those Blue covers with the bubbles in the material. Supposedly it is only 2 years old. When we covered the pool for the first time ourselves, we notice little particles from the cover that came free into the pool ... We swept up what we could with the pool net. The rest will hopefully end up in the filter (cartridge).

Question: Is this TYPICAL of those blue plastic covers? How long do those covers last before they start "shedding" like that? Are there better covers that do not do that? and lastly, what is the least-expensive site to buy replacements? I can only imagine how much pool companies will charge.

Thanks in advance

I ordered my cover from http://www.magnoliapools.com/Solar_Cove ... 0808-p.htm (when they had a sale check around)
Fast shipping and a fair price, also check with your local utilities in many areas there is a rebate for water / energy conservation.
Here in Las Vegas its...........
$50 or 50 percent off the purchase price of a pool cover, whichever is less or
$200 or 50 percent off the purchase of a permanent, mechanical pool cover, through Southern Nevada Water Authority.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.