Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG Does not seem to be generating chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1
    Massachusetts, USA

SWG Does not seem to be generating chlorine

I have my swg set at 50% and it runs for 8 hrs/day.
    I cannot seem to keep fc in the pool.

CYA---60 (a little low but should be OK)

Last week I was on vacation and when I got back my fc was 1 and cc was.5
    I tried to get my fc back up but have not had much luck.
    Yesterday I dumped in 2 gals of 9% to got the fc level back up and eliminate the cc.
    This worked, but this morning it is back to 3fc from 7 and no cc.
    My cell has no scaling on it andit seemed to be working perfectly a few weeks ago.
    I suppose I could just increase the % but from other posts and the fact that it is oversized, I should not have to.

18' X 36' Inground Pool 26,000 gallons. SuperMax 27mil/27mil Vinyl Liner-Installed Fall 2011
    Pentair Intellipro Programable Pump (Model 011018) // Pentair S8M 500 Cartridge Filter // Circupool RJ45 Salt Chlorinator
    2 Hayward Skimmers // 3 Returns // 2 Savi Melody Pool lights // TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: SWG Does not seem to be generating chlorine

[center:18h3dxca]Sounds like you're just barely keeping an algae bloom in check.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: SWG Does not seem to be generating chlorine

Do an overnight FC loss test to see if there are organics in the water consuming chlorine. If there are you need to shock the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School