Least expensive SWC for a 10k gallon above gound pool?

Congrats imalittleurt! Sounds like everything is going well. Keep us updated on how the aquatrol works out for you.

Well...my Intex SWG was running fine for a few days but the "low salt error" started going off again. I'm sad to say that I'm going to be returning the unit for a refund. Now I have to figure out if I want to spend the extra money on the Aquatrol or go back to bleach with a whole lot of salt in my pool.

good luck all!
dan

Strannik said:
NWMNMom i'm not going to argue about that, although the amount of people having problems with Intex seems to be more than with any other brand.

Nobody looks down on you because you decided to go for a cheaper unit, we are all adults here and understand that different people have different financial circumstances.

However my mother used to always say: "I'm not that rich to buy cheap stuff".

I myself prefer to buy cheap DVD players from the likes of Wallmart and just throw them away when they fail, over getting a big brand unit which costs big bucks and will be obsolete in 2 years anyway.

I don't call these "cheap" units. Lets call them inexpensive that for the money are a good little,self cleaning,replaceable ionization unit SWG. I am very pleased with mine

gonefishin said:
Well...my Intex SWG was running fine for a few days but the "low salt error" started going off again. I'm sad to say that I'm going to be returning the unit for a refund. Now I have to figure out if I want to spend the extra money on the Aquatrol or go back to bleach with a whole lot of salt in my pool.

Dan,

Would you like to give AutoChlor's RPMINI a try?

Strannik said:
gonefishin said:

Dan,

Would you like to give AutoChlor's RPMINI a try?

Hi Strannik :)

Thanks for the offer. I've bought some audio equipment from Austrilia in the past. Nice products...but boy was shipping expensive :shock:. I'm still unsure if I'm going to buy another SWG or not, but I will keep the AutoChlor in mind.

Does the AutoChlor come with a 120V line in?

thanks again!
dan

I'm still unsure what I'll do...but I'll certainly keep the AquaChlor in mind. Does it come in a 12

SMC20 and SMC30 have the switches inside to select either 110 or 220, but RPMINI unfortunately is only 220/240.

Shipping would be about 120 but we can always work something out.

There might be an opportunity to score a free one, just need for Sean to get back to me ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.