Lime Green Water

Why do you want to add 20 lbs. of baking soda? That will increae your TA by about 100 ppm.

The recommended TA level for a SWG is between 60 and 80. 4 or 5 pounds should get you there.
pool-school/recommended_levels

What is CA 30, is that CYA?

Is the lime green color clear or cloudy?

Can you post a pic of the pool?

Have you recently added any algaecides or other products?

The pool store told me to add this. Its touquoise looking this morning. PH is a tad over 8.2 today. Ughhh. Chlorine bromine is high for I added two bags shock on Sunday. Green water bothered me on sunday. had to add 20 to 24 drops alk 30 to water this morning to turn to red. I want to stop traveling miles to the pool store

The lime green was clear, you could see the mosaics in the floor. This morning it's tourquoise looking but heavier in the deep end. I ordered a T-100 kit plus extras last night. Not sure what I have here. it's a year old and came from the builder. Probably older. Should I go back to the pool store? Tomorrow's the 4th of July. This has never done this to me before. the pool was installed early 2011. I have always had crystal clear water. I run my pump 24/7. We should have sun all day today, that'll bring down the chlorine.

Should I add new water? I have a auto fill

Jaxon

I get this from time to time when I fill, a clear green pool, I have high metals in my fill water (iron and Manganese) as I am on a well a good sequestrant as JasonLion suggests will do the trick.

This is how I approach a situation as such:
1.) Is FC in acceptable range?
2.) Are CC's 0.5 or <
3.) Is water clear?
4.) Can I pass an OCLT?

If yes to these then metals (add sequestrant)
If No then the shock process is where I turn

Ok, I am going back to pool store this afternoon.Their recommended Range on their test results are as follows:
FC 1.0-3.0
TC 1.0-3.0
CC 00.-0.3
PH 7.2-7.8
Hardness 175 - 350 ppm
Alkalinity (w/stabilizer correction) 100-150 ppm
Cyanuric Acid 30-120 ppm
Copper 0-0.3
Iron 0.0-0.3

Any of the above figures need to be changed out as to my profile with the pool store? Also, I am not sure how to add a picture of my pool to my profile. Can you send me a link to do this?

In regards to adding pic to profile you need to go through user control panel upper left corner under TFP. If you want to add a pic to a post you can use Photo Bucket or Google and link to it. Or you can add a pic via forum by scrolling down below editor box and upload attachment but size is limited via that method.

My suggestion to you is get one of the recommended test kits mentioned in pool school and forget the pool store test results as they are generally inaccurate. Use the recommended levels stated in pool school(not pool stores). If you try to mix two sources of information(pool stores and TFP's) you potentially open yourself up to issues and problems.

My suggestion to you: Pick up the sequestrant from the pool store (I use Pro Team Metal Magic) or there are a few more recommended sequestrants in Pool School (cant remember off top of my head). Come home read Pool School in its entirety let it sink in and re-read again. Order a test kit as stated in Pool School and test your own water. Over time testing you will gain a way better understanding as to what your water is doing chemically.Start applying what you have learned from Pool school and ask questions (everyone here is more than happy to help) and read the threads here on the forums. Most problems that you will have with your pool people here have experienced and corrected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.