newbie, Lost in the pool world. Some leaking problems.

amanda

Jul 2, 2012
Georgetown, KY
Hello everyone! I want to start off by saying that I have read thru the pool school and a lot of threads on here (totally awesome info). First time pool owners, still learing, and very confused! We finally got our pool set up this weekend. The triple digit temps here made that miserable, but we survived. Now we stand by the pool looking at the pump,de filter, etc. scratching our heads :? its leaking. There is water coming out around the skimmer, the ball valve before the pump, the inline chlorinator, and the return. Seems like everything is leaking :shock: we have everything turned off(until we figure out how to fix these problems), drained the water below the skimmer. Please help. thank you. I am a newbie, if I've left anything out just let me know....

IMAG2203.jpg

IMAG2204.jpg

IMAG2205.jpg

Hope this helps

Fixed the pics so they'd show up without having to click on them.

In those pics it doesn't look like things are hooked up.
It also doesn't look like the skimmer is installed correctly.

I'd start by resintalling the skimmer according to the directions. You can use some silicone sealant around it if you have to but it usually doesn't require anything.

You can also use some silicone around the return but again, it usually doesn't require anything to get it to seal.

Maybe the picture is deceiving. If you did follow the instructions then you might try some silicone sealant around the gaskets.

If it was leaking at the clamped connections, use a wrench or socket to tighten the clamps. You can also use silicone sealant on those too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.