Vacuuming the sides of AGP

May 21, 2008
Webb City Missouri
I can't get the build up off the side of the pool. I vacuum the bottom and looks great but the vacuum I have does not hit the curves of the side of the pool. I walk around and kick it off but it clings again. What can I do? Also I have a 33 ft pool amd hose is just a little short, can you add an extension? The pool place says no.

The pool stores usually sell 3-4 foot long segments of hose that are used by some automatic pool cleaners. They tend to run about $15 per segment and have a male and female end. These should connect onto your existing hose. You can also get a 6" long double female connector if needed.

If you are visual like me... this is what the adapter looks like:
58887.jpg

and these are the hoses
62610.jpg

If you do some research, you can find them for less.

I would assume nearly any pool store would have them in stock.

Sounds like you have one long hose and if it has a swivel cuff then the pool store is partially correct. You can't add a length to it unless you weigh down the joint so the cuff doesn't float and suck in air. Those swivel cuffs leak some and if you connect two hoses together they float and the cuff will suck in air. Another solution is to buy a hose that doesn't have a swivel cuff and use it between the hose you have now and the suction port/skimmer. You can also buy several sections of the hose shown above and use those.

Nama,

I have not had to do this before, but if you used the segment hoses first, you would have the swivel cuff down at the vacuum head and air would not be an issue. I have an Aquabug so I only use segmented hoses. They do not suck in air at connection points.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.