Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cut Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Cut Liner

I have recently noticed water puddling outside my above ground pool. I investigated inside the pool near this area and see a small L shaped cut in my liner and the patch I applied to a similar cut about 4 years ago is starting to come undone. I removed the old patch and have tried unsuccessfully to apply a vinyl patch with a basic pool patch kit by hth. I tried a few different patches but none of them adhered. The liner is wrinkling in many spots throughout the pool and is particularly wrinkled in the area of these 2 cuts. I can't flatten the liner and apply the patch at the same time. Does anyone have any other solutions or am I looking at having to replace my liner?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Cut Liner

Welcome to tfp, dugm

If this is on the floor I would try to remove the wrinkles where the leak is before applying a patch. some people have had luck doing this with a toilet plunger. Then once the patch area is wrinkle free, retry patching.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's on the wall of the pool, not the floor.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Patch the pool with actual vinyl (like from a waterbag) boxer 100 glue works well, and so does HH-66. Anderson sells a flexible sealer that works well for sealing the edges of the patches when they start to curl up. ... y_Code=EAS
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp