New guy with a question about SWG and filter setup

Jun 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hi,
I'm about to test the water after the first 24 hour period after adding salt to the pool for the first time. I have an Intex sand filter and the instructions say I can't use an external timer. This is none sense since the idea is to program my system to run automatically so the SWG and the filter work together. Can anyone recomend a good and safe plug and play outdoor timer?

Thanks for any help. :-D

The issue with the Intex swg's is that some models lose programming when they lose power, so you can't run them on an external timer. I think they changed that but I don't know if you have the model that loses programming or not.

Well I found out that the pumps built in timer doesn't work like a kitchen timer, like I read in another post, you select the hours from 2 through 12 and thats it, you are set. Thats a great feature from the Intex sand pump. Sorry for an unecesary post and thanks again for your help guys.
I've set up the pump for 4 hours run time and 3 on the SWG for a 14x48 ultra frame. Lets see how it goes. My average outside temp goes from 90 to 112F these days at the caribbean side. Its crazzy! I had a heat stroke working on the installation of the pool.

Bama Rambler said:
The issue with the Intex swg's is that some models lose programming when they lose power, so you can't run them on an external timer. I think they changed that but I don't know if you have the model that loses programming or not.

This. I have an Intex SWG. All you can set on it is run time. It remembers when you programmed it and will come on automatically at that time each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.