Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coping joints

1. Back To Top    #1

Coping joints

My vinyl pool was just built last year and I just noticed something about the copping. The joints between pieces and on one side of the stairs have these little sleeves on them. But I noticed that there is one joint with no sleeve and also on the other side of the stairs there is no sleeve. Aesthetically, it looks crappy by the stairs but I'm not sure anyone else would notice. But my question is whether these "sleeves" serve any other purpose than aesthetics and whether this should bother me any more than not being "pretty".

Here's a pic of one of the joints:
    [attachment=0:a57yt9rd]IMG_3423.jpg[/attachment:a57yt9rd]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coping joints

The sleeves are for aesthetics. There should be no structural issues if some are missing. It looks like a nice pool, enjoy the summer.

3. Back To Top    #3

How did you add the pic to your post?
    16x32 inground vinyl pool
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 2 hp super pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Ironchef
    How did you add the pic to your post?
    Had to take the pic and shrink it to under 250KB first (I use outlook to do this actually). Then I "attached" the pic to the post. Once I did that, it gave me an option to add it inline.
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4