Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Miller's - Pittsburgh, PA

1. Back To Top    #1

Miller's - Pittsburgh, PA

Hello all. I recently found this site and have been reading a bunch of it so far. I am new to pools and pool maintenance so this has been very resourceful for me.

There will generally be 3 of us using the pool from May-September, Me my wife and 4 year old daughter.

We will be leaving for vacation and when we return the pool will be installed and ready to use... A friend of ours who has been installing pools for 20 years will be doing the work. We are getting a 24' round 54" high ABG Oceanic - which I believe is made by Sharkline. The pool looks awesome, we went to a local pools store and they had a floor model. I will correct my sig line once I am able to get all the fine details. I have made a few posts already with some good and quick replies, unfortunately I think I am too far into it to start changing too many things. (I did JUST purchase the TF100 test kit.)

Well, just wanted to say Hi and I will post a few pics of our pool once it is up and running. I am having trouble attaching an avatar? Any secrets, i tried changing it's size to a 20x13 it was SMALL, but it kept saying it had to be a certain size (which I was under...)
    24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Miller's - Pittsburgh, PA

Welcome to TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice test kit

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Phase 1 started today....

Photo has been moved...sorry

I leave on Friday for Vacation and I hope to have a completed pool ready to go when I get back. More pics to follow.
    24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

5. Back To Top    #5

UPDATES:

Couple Bonus pics:

6. Back To Top    #6

That keeps the neighbor kids out of your pool, I guess.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

yes and it eats Algea too, lol

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!