TA Level

jblizzle said:
Here is a manual:
http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... 67500.ashx

Is there a 3 digit code associated with the service light?

May want to see if pushing the down arrow can set it to 0.

I verified and the breaker turns off the filter toghether with SWG so no go, but I did turn it down to 0 with the down arrow. The service light has not come back since i reset the breaker so I am hoping it will stay off this time. I will get home around 5:30 pm tomorrow and will turn it back up and hopefully the service light is off.
Update. just went back out and Service light is back on, no error code but at one point the normal screen went off and big 145 appeared on screen for a second or two, can this be it?

Here is the results I got with my TF-100 kit,
FC, TC and CC all at 0, although when I added the powder for chlorine test it didnt turn pink at all, so not sure if it means 0 or powder is bad? I did shock yesterday so how can there be no Chlorine at all?
PH 8.2
TA 140
CH 120
CYA was at about 27 so I guess it means 30?
From what I can see I need 14lbs of stabilizer and 57lbs of Calcium. Can I add stabilizer now considering Chlorine is not at right level?

OTO test is the yellow color matching next to the pH test.
If it is clear = 0 chlorine.
If it is dark orange = a lot of chlorine and you then need to redo the FAS-DPD test with more powder.

jblizzle said:
OTO test is the yellow color matching next to the pH test.
If it is clear = 0 chlorine.
If it is dark orange = a lot of chlorine and you then need to redo the FAS-DPD test with more powder.
ok, yes that test was all clear. so I dropped 6 lbs of shock yesterday and all chlorine already gone ? :) guys, does stabilizer go into the skimmer? I thought from last year I was adding it to the pool but the instructions i got from the shop state to add to skimmer

Rafalski said:
I did just drop 1 gallon 2 cups of muriatic acid to drop to 7.0 as it seems i need to lower the TA, also turned on the blower. Can I also start adding the Calcium?
No, adjust calcium on a day when you are not adjusting anything else/when you are done adjusting everything else.

Please add your pool and equipment specs to your sig. Go to User Control Panel (top left under TFP logo), select Profile, then select Edit Sig. This will help responders help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bama Rambler said:
It's not hard to believe that all the FC is gone from yesterday. It appears that you need to shock. At very least run the OCLT.
for crying out loud its never ending with the pool work :) I almost wish I bought a house without it on second year. the water is crystal clear, actually oustide of dirt it was crystal clear when I removed the cover. I looked up shocking and according to thsi side with CYA 80 the shock level is 30, but when I look on pool calculator is states 21, am I doing something wrong? to bring FC from 0 to even 21 its 12 gallons of bleach? if thats the case I dont even want to think how much I will need for 30.

Bama Rambler said:
First I'd run the OCLT just to be sure you need to shock. Turn the swg off for that.
Bama, but how do I test for FC drop if it is already at 0? I did run the SWG for couple hours so u think there might be some there? Would someone be able to tell what my shock level should be if lets say my CYA tests at 70 tomorrow? I would like to be able to just drive pick up what I need in the morning and not have to bug people here then wait for an answer untill people wake up :)

jblizzle said:
look at the chart in pool school or use pool calculator to get your shock level.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)
The whole problem is this forum and pool calculator suggest completely different levels, With cya at 80 this site suggest 30 to shock while calculator shows 21. I do not have enough shock to shock the pool right now (who would store that many bottles of bleach? :p , is there any way I can do OCLT without it, has the SWG created enough FC? All I have is like 3 bags of shock

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.