Removing Glue Residue?

Bjarni

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Hi all,
I have a new ig fiberglass pool that has a glue residue around the lip from the forms they used to pour the concrete cap. Its tough stuff to remove so I sparingly used a little Goo-Gone stuff and a cloth and a lot of elbow grease. Here is an example of the cleaner: http://www.theofficedealer.com/MAAGGHS12-Magic-GGHS12-Goo-Gone-Spray-Gel.html It worked sort of, but there is still a residue I cant seem to get rid of and I'm not so sure that Goo-Gone is a good thing to get into my pool water anyway.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I could use to get the glue off thats not going to contaminate my water?

Thanks

Just a followup for other who may have this problem.
I used the Magic Eraser and it worked like a charm. I don't know what its made of or how it works, but it removed the glue residue and appeared to not leave anything behind in the pool.

Thanks Bama!

You're very welcome. Glad it worked for you. I use it all the time to clean pool things.

It's made of melamine foam. It does leave particles of it in the pool, but the filter soon grabs them and they get filtered out. So in essence it leaves nothing in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.