I'm topping just about filling up our new pool and thought I'd put up a post to see if I'm headed in the right direction. I've been doing a lot of reading here this summer and you have all been illuminating!
Using the TF100:
- FC = 0
- Ph = below 6.8
- TA = …the test kit instructions say that I should see the water turn green after adding one of the reagents, but it never does…it just stays a very light purple color
- CA = 300
I was planning on:
- Adding the dichlor that the pool store gave me with the pool; it's a 4-lb tub of Zipchlor (97% dichlor) in two does, one this evening, and one more tomorrow to get the chlorine and CYA levels going
- Adding bleach to get the water to shock level
- Adding a sock of CYA in front of the return to get the CYA to 30 (minus what comes from the dichlor
- Adjust Ph once I've got the chlorine high enough
Also, the startup kit came with the enticingly titled "Initiator," which I understand are borates; I was going to wait on adding them until I have things squared away with Ph and the FC is adjusted (like maybe in a few weeks).