Flame sensor impossible to remove

jonmar

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 29, 2009
I have a hayward H250 FD, lo nox that wont stay lit. On this board it was suggested to check my flame sensor. Problem is the screw holding it in place will not turn. Don't know if its rusted or what, but a screw driver wont do it. I grabbed a socket and thought that would do it, but the screw head is too close to the sensor itself for the socket to seat properly. Any one own this model and have experience with this? The location of this part could not be located in a worse spot.

Jonmar,

Sorry to be picky but ,you need to keep your postings in one thread when you ask your questions so everyone can be up to speed on what you are doing and the history of the conversation. Double posting is not normally permitted in most forums.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/hayward-h250-no-longer-lights-on-first-attempt-t45439.html

At least two people have suggested you have your heater professionally serviced before it explodes. Have you done this?

techguy said:
Jonmar,

Sorry to be picky but ,you need to keep your postings in one thread when you ask your questions so everyone can be up to speed on what you are doing and the history of the conversation. Double posting is not normally permitted in most forums.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/hayward-h250-no-longer-lights-on-first-attempt-t45439.html

At least two people have suggested you have your heater professionally serviced before it explodes. Have you done this?

Actually I thought a topic dealing with the removal of the flame sensor was a separate and distinct topic from the one I started. In any case, the pool company has been called but has yet to come by. I didn't think the removal of the flame sensor was something that was beyond my ability. Turns out it was. The gas has been shut off to the heater, so I am not too worried about blowing myself up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.