Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flame sensor impossible to remove

1. Back To Top    #1

Flame sensor impossible to remove

I have a hayward H250 FD, lo nox that wont stay lit. On this board it was suggested to check my flame sensor. Problem is the screw holding it in place will not turn. Don't know if its rusted or what, but a screw driver wont do it. I grabbed a socket and thought that would do it, but the screw head is too close to the sensor itself for the socket to seat properly. Any one own this model and have experience with this? The location of this part could not be located in a worse spot.
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Flame sensor impossible to remove

Jonmar,

Sorry to be picky but ,you need to keep your postings in one thread when you ask your questions so everyone can be up to speed on what you are doing and the history of the conversation. Double posting is not normally permitted in most forums.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/haywa...pt-t45439.html

At least two people have suggested you have your heater professionally serviced before it explodes. Have you done this?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Flame sensor impossible to remove

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    Jonmar,

Sorry to be picky but ,you need to keep your postings in one thread when you ask your questions so everyone can be up to speed on what you are doing and the history of the conversation. Double posting is not normally permitted in most forums.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/haywa...pt-t45439.html

At least two people have suggested you have your heater professionally serviced before it explodes. Have you done this?
    Actually I thought a topic dealing with the removal of the flame sensor was a separate and distinct topic from the one I started. In any case, the pool company has been called but has yet to come by. I didn't think the removal of the flame sensor was something that was beyond my ability. Turns out it was. The gas has been shut off to the heater, so I am not too worried about blowing myself up.
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.