My Pool Cooler Build - Share your results

Starting air temp was 94, end air temp at 80, humidity around 85%. Starting water temp was 91, end water temp 82.
Very effective. What size pool? How high do you toss the water? Got a pic?

EDIT: Sorry...I see the link now. VERY effective cooler....prompting a redo for mine...I like your design better.

duraleigh said:
Starting air temp was 94, end air temp at 80, humidity around 85%. Starting water temp was 91, end water temp 82.
Very effective. What size pool? How high do you toss the water? Got a pic?

EDIT: Sorry...I see the link now. VERY effective cooler....prompting a redo for mine...I like your design better.

Hi, thanks. About 12.5 K gallon. Hayward 1 HP through a Hayward 150 lb sand filter.

Used Dane's idea and made the arms 3' long each using 1-1/2" PVC and spacing the holes 1/2" apart on a 3 row pattern Worked great! Dropped the temp from 94 degrees to 88 over night. Runnining it during the 103 degree day and it keeps the water very refreshing.
Thanks for the idea!
Jim

I've been able to keep my water close to 90, air temps have been in the 100-105 range. Humidity was insane and the overnight low temps of upper 70s and low 80s didn't seem cool at all. I'm assuming the high humidity kept my aerator from being more efficient.

I believe last year during a heat spell before making an aerator the water hit 94 and that was enough. I'll bet without any aeration it would have made it into the upper 90s.

fountainat104.jpg

This thread inspired me.....our water was approaching 90 so we threw some pvc together and drilled some holes in it. we screwed our contraption into a 1 1/2 return that was threaded. we made a "T" above water that had 1/16 holes in it. we get good lift and height on the sprinkler effect if we turn off the jets on the swim out steps, but this also causes the pressure on the pump to go to 14-15 when normal is 12. my question is .......is this hard on my pump?

I was going to make one, then saw a pool cooler on mistcooling.com and purchased it instead. It is a tower design with 4 staggered rows of holes for about 4' from the top. My water temp was about 94, I installed the cooler and let it run from say 3pm to 7:00am. The water spray was very refreshing in the 100+ heat we had. The next morning at 7:00am the pool was down to 83 and i had lost maybe 1/2 to evaporation. I took off the cooler and then put it back on at around 3pm again because it was so hot outside. The weather cooled off last night (got down to 80) and my water temp this morning when i removed the cooler was 80 on the dot. Got to say with the cost involved with a heat pump or chiller, cant beat $30.00 and a little evaporation.

Well we ran our "T" designed pvc cooler overnite. Pool was 89 when we went to bed and now 85. I'm not sure how effective the cooler was. I think the pool was maybe a degree or two cooler than most mornings (daytime temps in the 100's and nightime temps in the 70's). I may be trying Dane's design today to get the spray higher.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.