Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Generic light ring/glass replacements?

1. Back To Top    #1

Generic light ring/glass replacements?

All-

In the process of collecting quotes for a re-plaster (or maybe quartz or Durazzo). There was a big question of whether we'd need to replace our two pool lights- there was a breaker box issue that was since fixed, so now we know the lights actually work . The 25+ year old lights have seen better days, and I'm wondering if there's a way to find replacement rings/bezels and lenses without replacing the entire assembly. No idea what model these are. Going to get in the pool sometime this week to see if there's a manufacturer/model listed on them but I'm not hopeful. Ideally the contractor we select just does it when the pool is drained and they're in there, but want to know ahead of time, if at least there's something generic that can be used so I can confidently say, no , we don't need to replace the whole thing. Would size and number of screws do it for me?

Thanks!
    30k gallon IG PebbleSheen refinished 2014
    60sqft FNS Plus DE wih Proguard Cellulose, 1.5hp 2speed WhisperFlo
    TFTestKit and Stenner fixed 10gpd on timer with bleach
    Dolphin m500

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Generic light ring/glass replacements?

Typically an old light fixture will come out by removing the single screw at the top. Then you can find the make and model of the fixture.

That said, you can often find replacement bezels, or you can try cleaning up the old ones.

I would seriously doubt that a plaster guy is even remotely planning on replacing them.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Generic light ring/glass replacements?

Perfect- thank you.

He was only planning on replacing if the unit was dead (and glad it's not).
    30k gallon IG PebbleSheen refinished 2014
    60sqft FNS Plus DE wih Proguard Cellulose, 1.5hp 2speed WhisperFlo
    TFTestKit and Stenner fixed 10gpd on timer with bleach
    Dolphin m500