Foamy / Suds in Watet

Apr 3, 2008
Morning guys,

So we got back from vacation and our pool was forest green :). Ran to the store and picked up a ton of bleach and began shocking it last night. Woke up this morning and it's turned a nice blue this morning. However the water is cloudy and there are suds /foam on the top of the water.

Readings:

Chlorine : 32ppm
CYA : 35ppm
TA : 100pm
PH : 7.9 (yes, i gotta lower this, doing it now)

1) What causes suds ? I had read scented bleach but i'm not using that. How to get rid of them...
2) Can the higher ph cause suds ? Can it cause cloudy water as well ?

Thanks guys,

Scott

The foam is likely from some other additive you put in prior. Regardless, chlorine will take care of it in time.

Your FC is way too high. Your Target is 16ppm. Higher than that can damage your liner...there is no reason to overdose like that.

Leave your pH alone. the test is not valid in the presence of VERY high chlorine levels.

Thanks duraleigh,

Good to know about the chlorine, maybe i can start pumping some water into the pool to dillute the ppm down to safer level.

What is recommended maximum ppm for chlorine that a liner should go up to?

As for the cloudy part of it. You think that should just go away in time ?

Thanks,

Scott

sbelgrave said:
As for the cloudy part of it. You think that should just go away in time ?

After I got rid of algae in my pool by following the shocking procedure described on this website, it took my sand filter about a week to clear out the dead algae that was still making my water cloudy. Now my water is clearer than it's ever been.

Ok.

So we're down to about 20ppm FC as of this morning and the the CC is about .5-1.0. Water is still the same cloudy though. I'll test it again when i get home , once before dark and then tomorrow morning to see if the FC stays the within 1.0ppm. Assuming it does and it's still cloudy, are there any other steps I should be considering at that point ?

Thanks,

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.