Liquidator Install - 21 Pictures!

May 9, 2009
California
After reading through this section for a while I decided to take the plunge and get a Liquidator. Here is a pictorial of my install:

Notes:
  • The install was very easy. It took me no more than 20 minutes to get everything hooked up.[/*:m:qftz1rqb]
  • As noted by many others on the forum, the check valves and flow meter do tend to leak air very easily. For me they seem to only leak air when the tube is bent near the connections. I am going to mount the tubes using zip ties to keep the connections straight.[/*:m:qftz1rqb]
  • After the first night with the flow meter at ~2.5, the FC level raised by 2, which is close to what I lose in a day. So far, so good![/*:m:qftz1rqb]

The box!

LQ01.jpg

LQ02.jpg

LQ03.jpg

The pad. The empty space was occupied by an old, broken heater. We'll replace that one of these days.

LQ04.jpg

Parts. Lots of parts!

LQ05.jpg

Fresh out of the box.

LQ06.jpg

A nice white paint job. My pad sits in full afternoon sun.

LQ07.jpg

LQ08.jpg

LQ09.jpg

Assembly begins! Note: The floats are upside down in this picture. I figured that out after taking the picture.

LQ10.jpg

Still plenty of room on the pad for a heater. I could have even squeezed it further behind the filter.

LQ11.jpg

Drilled hole before the pump.

LQ12.jpg

Fits quite nicely.

LQ13.jpg

Check valve.

LQ14.jpg

Flow meter.

LQ15.jpg

The "out" side.

LQ16.jpg

And now the return side hose.

LQ17.jpg

All hoses connected. Shot of the "out" side.

LQ18.jpg

Full view. "In" side on the right.

LQ19.jpg

The plumbing in my pool is not designed very well. The return piping is much wider than the suction when switched to the pool skimmer and the same or slightly wider when the suction is set to come from the spa. When the filter needs to be backwashed, there is not enough pressure on the return to push water into the LQ when my pump is running at the low (1850 RPM) speeds that I run it over night. I installed this ball valve to help equalize the pressure. It worked like a charm.

LQ20.jpg

Mounted flow meter. The zip ties provided with the LQ were completely inadequate. I bought some longer, UV resistant ones.

LQ21.jpg

Great. I was not trying to point out mistakes, but I too had the same dilemma when I installed my liquidator this Spring for the first time. I plan on taking pictures of my setup before I disassemble and clean in the Fall.

Since you have a intelliflow pump, as an alternative to tapping into the pipe ahead of the pump, could you have plumbed to the plugged suction port at the bottom of the pump? I've seen O3 systems plumbed to that port and just wondered.

I have the same pump and will most likely get a Liquidator as well. Thanks for the pics and write up.

Blowout said:
Since you have a intelliflow pump, as an alternative to tapping into the pipe ahead of the pump, could you have plumbed to the plugged suction port at the bottom of the pump? I've seen O3 systems plumbed to that port and just wondered.

I have the same pump and will most likely get a Liquidator as well. Thanks for the pics and write up.

Yes, I chose not to do that, but I did find and bookmark a thread that has a link to the exact parts needed.

source-barbed-fittings-for-pump-drain-to-install-liquidator-t43247.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.