Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator Install - 21 Pictures!

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator Install - 21 Pictures!

After reading through this section for a while I decided to take the plunge and get a Liquidator. Here is a pictorial of my install:

Notes:
    • The install was very easy. It took me no more than 20 minutes to get everything hooked up.[/*:m:qftz1rqb]
    • As noted by many others on the forum, the check valves and flow meter do tend to leak air very easily. For me they seem to only leak air when the tube is bent near the connections. I am going to mount the tubes using zip ties to keep the connections straight.[/*:m:qftz1rqb]
    • After the first night with the flow meter at ~2.5, the FC level raised by 2, which is close to what I lose in a day. So far, so good![/*:m:qftz1rqb]

The box!

The pad. The empty space was occupied by an old, broken heater. We'll replace that one of these days.

Parts. Lots of parts!

Fresh out of the box.

A nice white paint job. My pad sits in full afternoon sun.

Assembly begins! Note: The floats are upside down in this picture. I figured that out after taking the picture.

Still plenty of room on the pad for a heater. I could have even squeezed it further behind the filter.

Drilled hole before the pump.

Fits quite nicely.

Check valve.

Flow meter.

The "out" side.

And now the return side hose.

All hoses connected. Shot of the "out" side.

Full view. "In" side on the right.

The plumbing in my pool is not designed very well. The return piping is much wider than the suction when switched to the pool skimmer and the same or slightly wider when the suction is set to come from the spa. When the filter needs to be backwashed, there is not enough pressure on the return to push water into the LQ when my pump is running at the low (1850 RPM) speeds that I run it over night. I installed this ball valve to help equalize the pressure. It worked like a charm.

Mounted flow meter. The zip ties provided with the LQ were completely inadequate. I bought some longer, UV resistant ones.

21,000 Gallon IG Plaster with Spillover Spa (Built in 1978) | 48 sq/ft Hayward DE Filter | 3.0 HP Pentair Variable Speed Pump | Hayward H250FDN Heater| 8 Gallon Liquidator | Taylor K-2005 | Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Test | Taylor "SpeedStir"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator Install - 21 Pictures!

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Lookin Good!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Purple floats appear to be upside down. Double check the instructions.
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bibeaud
    Purple floats appear to be upside down. Double check the instructions.
    I realized my mistake and flipped them around shortly after taking that pictere. I'll change the photo caption to note that.
    21,000 Gallon IG Plaster with Spillover Spa (Built in 1978) | 48 sq/ft Hayward DE Filter | 3.0 HP Pentair Variable Speed Pump | Hayward H250FDN Heater| 8 Gallon Liquidator | Taylor K-2005 | Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Test | Taylor "SpeedStir"

6. Back To Top    #6

Great. I was not trying to point out mistakes, but I too had the same dilemma when I installed my liquidator this Spring for the first time. I plan on taking pictures of my setup before I disassemble and clean in the Fall.
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

7. Back To Top    #7

Since you have a intelliflow pump, as an alternative to tapping into the pipe ahead of the pump, could you have plumbed to the plugged suction port at the bottom of the pump? I've seen O3 systems plumbed to that port and just wondered.

I have the same pump and will most likely get a Liquidator as well. Thanks for the pics and write up.
    24k gal 16x38, spa 7x6, Colorscape Caribbean Blue plaster, Pentair Intelliflow, Hayward jacuzzi air pump, Pentair 520 filter, Raypak 336k cu-ni heater, Aquabot Turbo T... pool remodel finished 8/2012.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Blowout
    Since you have a intelliflow pump, as an alternative to tapping into the pipe ahead of the pump, could you have plumbed to the plugged suction port at the bottom of the pump? I've seen O3 systems plumbed to that port and just wondered.

I have the same pump and will most likely get a Liquidator as well. Thanks for the pics and write up.
    Yes, I chose not to do that, but I did find and bookmark a thread that has a link to the exact parts needed.

source-barbed-fittings-for-pump-drain-to-install-liquidator-t43247.html

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks...
    24k gal 16x38, spa 7x6, Colorscape Caribbean Blue plaster, Pentair Intelliflow, Hayward jacuzzi air pump, Pentair 520 filter, Raypak 336k cu-ni heater, Aquabot Turbo T... pool remodel finished 8/2012.

10. Back To Top    #10

Great pictorial!