Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Salt Water Chlorinator (For the Money)

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Salt Water Chlorinator (For the Money)

I'm soliciting opinions for the BEST Salt Water Chloriniator for the MONEY. Sure, the best chlorinator may automatically dispense and be remotely monitored by your IPHONE. However, I'm looking for the best saltwater chlorinator for the money. I am most interested in value....if that exists. Maybe after my research I'll find that a cholirinator cell is....well, simply a cholinator cell....and it doesn't really vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. If that's the case, I'll just get the the one which has the best warranty. Thanks for the input.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best Salt Water Chlorinator (For the Money)

If you pool is small, then the intex is a great value, I am on my third year and the intex cost me ~$150...however if your pool is big, skip the intex.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Circupool is probably the best bang for your buck from reading the forums if you are talking in ground pools. It's does not have all the features of others but from reading it does what it's suppose to do well.

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you very much for the replies. Yes, I should have said I have an inground pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

I use Compupool. I was looking for something inexpensive for my inground pool.
    Very basic features, but works. There are some that have had issues, but if it's a new unit the manufacturer takes care of it under warranty.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kyle11
    Compupool is probably the best bang for your buck from reading the forums if you are talking in ground pools. It's does not have all the features of others but from reading it does what it's suppose to do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

7. Back To Top    #7

Compupool is what I meant. Get it and the circupool mixed up. Circupool is the one that is a few hindered more but has a little more features.

8. Back To Top    #8

Compupool, go large. CPSC48 can be had/delivered for less than $750. No fancy bells and whistles but it does produce chlorine, so you don't have to lug jugs. Life is good.
    Bob
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida