Our new Intex

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
We installed our 18 X 48" Intex ultra frame in late May. Wishing I had found this site before we put it up! Planning on draining this fall and using foam insulation and pavers next year.

Not sure if you can tell the clarity of the waTer in the picture due to lots of swimming all day, but I have been happily easing myself into the BBB method. I have told numerous friends about this site, and my husband has been using the pool way more than he ever has. He now calls me the pool queen. Lol.

Attachments

• rsz_cimg2476.jpg
    rsz_cimg2476.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 771
Looks good! We put up the same pool around the same time. I used ¼" fanfold foam underneath, as that was all the budget would support at that time and I wanted to get the pool up. It's better than nothing, but it could stand to be thicker.

1st mod I'd do is get a better filter/pump combo, I never unwrapped the one that came with the pool. I had the same one on a smaller pool last year and it couldn't keep up. I'm using one I picked up at the *gulp- pool store* 2½ years ago, best $200 I ever put into a pool. I've probably saved that much from not buying cartridges, and I have a pump that allows me to actually vacuum effectively (reminds me- I need to go turn it off). Next thing is I'd get a GOOD test kit. I sprang for the TF100 with the refills, and have no regrets. It measures everything you need to know to keep your water in check.

Welcome aboard!

Highest on my wish list is a different ladder! Only good thing about the one it came from is it's easy to discourage the kids from jumping off of it!There's quite a range in ages- 13 to four, so I try to keep them safe! New pump is #2 on the list, probably for next year!

I just installed the new sand filter. I discovered there was a wad of gunk at the base of the inlet to the old cartridge filter. There was only about a quarter inch hole where the water was flowing thru. I can't believe my pool wasn't cloudier! That recon firms how well BBB works! (the pool stayed clear even with a somewhat faulty filtration) I can't wait to get the bottom vacuumed, my water will finally gsparkle!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.