Call 911! My pool is wounded!

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
A crazy storm just blew through. The power is out, the roof blew off of a local gas station, but worst of all, my pool is wounded!

[attachment=0:8rw9y8n3]uploadfromtaptalk1341183556003.jpg[/attachment:8rw9y8n3]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341183556003.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341183556003.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 225
It looks like the worse is overhead our house now...and honestly we lucked out again here. We got some bad lightning, but no major winds. Looks like by the time it hit the worse had headed just south of us.

Friday about 20 miles from here 2 tornadoes touched down (1 has been confirmed) and I'm just waiting for another round of storms to move in. Weather all this week down this way is mid 90's and hitting almost 100 on Saturday. This unstable weather is garbage....why can't we have normal weather?

Our power is back on. Was only out a few hours. The daughter in ft Wayne says half the city is still out from Friday, not expected to be back up until Wednesday. They better hurry, a gazillion Goldwings are almost there for wing ding!

This is the first storm I didn't go out onto the porch to look for tornadoes. There were too many branches flying sideways and I didn't feel like going to work with my wife so she could get a stick out of my gut. (ER nurse)

Having no anemometer, but having been in a ton of storms out in the Pacific, I pegged the winds here at about 80 mph sustained gusts to 95ish. My wife was scared, and I was almost there when I was taking video out the window in our 3.75 season room and the wall of Windows I was leaning on started to "breath" I just slowly stepped back into the main house and waited for that room to blow away. My wife went and cracked a few Windows open to equalize the pressure....

There were 1.5 to 2 foot waves crashing over the side of our pool. Tried to get video of that, but it was too far away and too nasty out for my phone to capture...

Ya, I think I'll pass on that weather thankyouverymuch!

Glad everything turned out OK. Storm here is done with for now, and I hear the stupid neighbors lighting of fireworks. I swear if they wake up the kids..........

Here's the video I took before I vacated the room.
Those are 15 and 20 feet tall bushes/trees you're looking at.

[youtube:33q7lkth]AjLAneJZR8s[/youtube:33q7lkth]

That storm blew through SW PA so hard! We didn't lose power but a local community lost a store to lightning which had been in business since the 1800's. That was hard to watch on the news.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.