My CYA is 90

What are you using to chlorinate your pool? Perhaps you are continually adding the CYA as well.

My guess is it was well above 100ppm and that you have not changed enough water.

JasonLion said:
Which CYA test are you using? Many of the common tests will report any CYA level over 100 as 100, and it isn't that difficult to mix up 90 and 100.

i USED THE CYA TEST KIT PURCHASED FROM THIS SITE. i DID THE TEST 3 TIMES AND CAME OUT WITH THE SAME RESULT--90 CYA. MAYBE I SHOULD DRAIN MORE WATER??

jblizzle said:
What are you using to chlorinate your pool? Perhaps you are continually adding the CYA as well.

My guess is it was well above 100ppm and that you have not changed enough water.

I AM USING THE CHLORINE PUCKS AND POWDERED SHOCK. I DRAINED A FEW INCHES. THE POOL IS 16 X 24 INGROUND WITH 6 FOOT DEEP END. SAND FILTER. FC IS 0

ran527 said:
jblizzle said:

I AM USING THE CHLORINE PUCKS AND POWDERED SHOCK. I DRAINED A FEW INCHES. THE POOL IS 16 X 24 INGROUND WITH 6 FOOT DEEP END. SAND FILTER. FC IS 0

ding ding ding .... all those pucks and powdered shock (dichlor?) are adding CYA. You need to only be using liquid chlorine and drain/replace a lot more water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.