Dolphin Premier

Jul 1, 2012
I'm new here also... what a great site!! I am also narrowing my search like dmrap to the Dolphin brand. However in researching this I am getting more confused. This thread started asking about the Premier model(sold by poolexpress). When I looked at their ad they make it sound like the M5(cartridge filters) but going over the the Maytronics site it looks exactly like the DX6 which is a bag filter. Their add also says it is a modular constructed cleaner and easy for the owner to do the repairs?? I don't see that claim at the Maytroncis site.
Also on the poolexpress ad for the premier they claimed you can put a filter bag on for larger debris... but I don't see that either at the Maytronics site because they talk about the DX6 as a bag machine.

So bottom line is if I try to buy one of these under a unique dealer name I am not sure what I am really getting. Does Maytonics do more for these unique dealers than slap a different name and maybe color on it??

Sorry for rambling and thanks.

OK... I just saw the list of "exclusive lines" on the Maytronics site. The Premier & Triton are there. Based on what I read the Premier seems to be a top of the line residential model. Have any of you tried the Premier or Triton yet? If so what do you think of it.

hey guys,

The premier is a private label created for 1 retailer and sold heavily on ebay. it is a good cleaner, and almost identical to the pentair 830 (also private labeled by maytronics.)

You will only be able to buy it from that 1 retailer on the internet. (although the unit with the same functions is available with different names from other vendors that had it private labeled..such as teh carecraft buying group members who get that unit (or very similar to it) as a name called the Edge.

The supreme m4/m5 is a totally different animal (top load cartridge rather than having to flip the unit over) and the xtra high speed srubbing brush. The supreme is current on exclusive distribution through scp, a pool supply wholesaler that many dealers buy from...so it is available from many dealers.

there is another thread talking about the advantages of the m4/m5, which I personally like much better.

tony c
monogram custom pools

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong with the Premier. It seems to wander aimlessly and make make occasional attempts to climb the sides to clean the water line but not make it more than half way up the side. And when I put it in manual mode, the remote control sends it in seemingly random directions. It never returns to its start point when it thinks it is finished, and trying to get it there via the remote is futile. It cleans, but doesn't to me look like it is making good contact with the floor and walls. And it has a flat bottom design yet the deep end of the pool is mostly curved surfaces.

I think I have the floats set per the instructions.

Any ideas?

25,000 gal. inground vinyl with Roman end design. Sand filter, inline saline chlorination unit, heater. Dolphin Premier.

I think I have mostly solved the wandering problem by readjusting the floats. I ran it today and it did much better. It rode on the bottom without floating up, and it climbed the walls and scrubbed the waterline. The remote control did better as well with the Premier hugging the bottom more closely. So the advice from my experience is to play with the floats. It is possible that the salinity of our pool from the salt/chlorine system changed the specific gravity of the water enough to affect the Premier's ability to cling to the bottom and navigate.

It is possible that the salinity of our pool from the salt/chlorine system changed the specific gravity of the water enough to affect the Premier's ability to cling to the bottom and navigate.
More likely that it had some air trapped in it making it too buoyant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.