Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Premier

Dolphin Premier

I'm new here also... what a great site!! I am also narrowing my search like dmrap to the Dolphin brand. However in researching this I am getting more confused. This thread started asking about the Premier model(sold by poolexpress). When I looked at their ad they make it sound like the M5(cartridge filters) but going over the the Maytronics site it looks exactly like the DX6 which is a bag filter. Their add also says it is a modular constructed cleaner and easy for the owner to do the repairs?? I don't see that claim at the Maytroncis site.
    Also on the poolexpress ad for the premier they claimed you can put a filter bag on for larger debris... but I don't see that either at the Maytronics site because they talk about the DX6 as a bag machine.

So bottom line is if I try to buy one of these under a unique dealer name I am not sure what I am really getting. Does Maytonics do more for these unique dealers than slap a different name and maybe color on it??

Sorry for rambling and thanks.

Re: Dolphin Premier

OK... I just saw the list of "exclusive lines" on the Maytronics site. The Premier & Triton are there. Based on what I read the Premier seems to be a top of the line residential model. Have any of you tried the Premier or Triton yet? If so what do you think of it.

It would be great if you could buy a Dolphlin M5/Premier on Amazon.com. Is there only one website (EpicPools) that sells this cleaner?
    Why is it so hard to find and buy this thing?
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, 1.5HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter,
    Pentair 320 Chrlorine Feeder (turned off)

hey guys,

The premier is a private label created for 1 retailer and sold heavily on ebay. it is a good cleaner, and almost identical to the pentair 830 (also private labeled by maytronics.)

You will only be able to buy it from that 1 retailer on the internet. (although the unit with the same functions is available with different names from other vendors that had it private labeled..such as teh carecraft buying group members who get that unit (or very similar to it) as a name called the Edge.

The supreme m4/m5 is a totally different animal (top load cartridge rather than having to flip the unit over) and the xtra high speed srubbing brush. The supreme is current on exclusive distribution through scp, a pool supply wholesaler that many dealers buy from...so it is available from many dealers.

there is another thread talking about the advantages of the m4/m5, which I personally like much better.

tony c
    monogram custom pools
    42,000 gallon gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Controlled by Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem auto pH and ORP system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu max e therm heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump
    Monogram Custom Pools